In recent years, physical therapy has become one of the most popular alternative therapies out there. People of all different ages and medical conditions have benefited from physical therapy. There are many reasons for this, including the fact that clinics like ours are able to customize a given physical therapy program to help people return to their normal level of functioning. Through physical therapy, exercise, and lifestyle changes, we have helped people achieve optimal health and wellness while preventing further injury at the same time.
Whether you are living with chronic pain or sustained an injury, there’s a good chance your primary care doctor will recommend physical therapy. It is a high-benefit, low-risk solution for many people, and a great way to treat a wide range of conditions. Physical therapy can also help people of all ages who have chronic or acute medical conditions, illnesses, or injuries that hinder their regular ability to move and enjoy a high quality of life. Even though this is the case, we still see many people at our Grand Prairie physical therapy clinic who are intimidated by the prospect of starting a program. We find it helps to start by discussing some of the top benefits of physical therapy, which is why we are here today! Here are 10 :
- Works to reduce or eliminate pain altogether – Physical therapy is a hands-on treatment that has been proven to relieve pain and restore muscle and joint function. It can also prevent pain from coming back in the future.
- Helps patients avoid surgery – Surgery should be a last resort, in our book. If you commit to a physical therapy regimen, there’s a good chance you will be able to avoid surgery. If you had to undergo surgery, physical therapy can also help you recover much faster.
- Maximizes your movement – Being able to go about your everyday activities and tasks pain-free is probably a top priority, right? With the help of physical therapy, you will be able to maximize your movement, increase mobility, and restore your ability to move as you used to.
- Recover from an illness – Physical therapy can also help patients who have experienced a wide range of medical conditions recover. Those who have suffered a stroke, for example, will likely have lost some degree of functionality and movement. Physical therapy can help strengthen weakened muscles and parts of the body to improve gait, balance, and strength.
- Recover from an injury – If you’ve suffered a sports injury, physical therapy may also be able to help you recover and prevent future injuries, such as stress fractures. Because we customize each program to our clients, you will have the peace of mind that your program will help you return safely to your sport.
- Improve balance – As we get older, balance often becomes a problem. With the help of physical therapy, you will learn exercises to improve coordination and prevent falls.
These are just a handful of the top benefits of physical therapy. If you would like to learn more about the programs we offer or are looking for a Grand Praire physical therapist, please do not hesitate to contact Classic Rehabilitation today. We are here to answer any questions you may have!